All Contributors
Mr.Robbo
Majoras revenge!!!
Avetzan1
Interdimensional403
WikiBuilder1147
TheReturnOfTheKing
• 9/19/2013

Roleplay: Surf the Jellyfish; Writer's Block

Okey-dokey! Let's begin!

I afraid I've found myself in a spot of bother, namely, writer's block. I'm having some trouble in coming up with many ideas for my most recent civilization; the CIC, so I thought, "why not try taking a different approach?" So here I am! Nothing like an interesting roleplay to spark the imagination!

Yes, I'm going to steal your ideas.

This roleplay won't have any particular objective, things like that will unfold as you go along. Also, bear with me; this is the first roleplay that I've staged ever in my whole entire life; I'll try to make it as interesting as possible, or at least a tool to introduce people to the CIC, and to give an idea of what the civilization is like. That's for my own benefit, if not for anyone else's.

Skip here if you don't want to hear me blabbing...

I'm flexible; you can join at any time, even if other users are quite far in.

Now this is going to be a pretty dismal place you'll start in; a real boondocks if you ask me, and your character might not necessarily be able to survive the environment they find themselves in; just a thought when you're thinking about what your character will be lugging along.

I'm sure people can be sensible about what they will equip their characters with, but, as a guide, let's say three or four items (an environment suit, for instance, counts as an item). If you want any sort of special consideration, for whatever reason, for how your character starts, just mention it.

Let us begin!

Surf the Jellyfish

Mr.Robbo approved!

3 341
  • Upvote
  • Reply
Mr.Robbo
Majoras revenge!!!
Avetzan1
Interdimensional403
WikiBuilder1147
TheReturnOfTheKing
0
• 5/26/2014
I'll follow
0
• 5/27/2014

Darwol

The Narrator casually winds though the crowds, turns the opposite direction when going out into the tunnel, then dodges into an alcove,

"I love the periphery systems. There's no utility fog, you see, so it's a lot easier to get around unnoticed. The CSF fleet has probably arrived by now, and are trying to take out the Domovoi in the gas giant, so that makes hiding a much better option than running. We should hide on this moon... that ship has sailed. Let's get out of here..."

The Narrator continues down the tunnel, and begins taking a long route down difficult, labyrinthine tunnels, some very small, some even pitch black. This turns out to be a long route to one of the huge pits which open out to the sky, crowded with CSF and CRF vehicles. You are now looking out of the mouth of a disused tunnel which opens several metres up the walls of the pit, down at the activity below.

"Do you have any idea how we can get onto one of those launches? If so, I hope it's better than mine!"

0
• 5/28/2014

I'll look around for a few seconds to try and take everything in to get an idea.

After those few seconds I will ask the Narrator "What is your idea?"

0
• 6/1/2014

I immediatly scan the area for the sceen, or any of the other lifeforms I've met.

0
• 6/3/2014

Darwol

There are six large conical landers with domed tops at the floor of the pit. Creatures of various different species from the CRF are controlling the movement of imporatant people and equipment through entrances and into the pit.

"Well, I've heard that they've been testing the population for evidnce of social engineering up in the command station. As the CSF's AI is obviously down, they'll have to be doing it with the equipment they have up there for the time being. So I was thinking we could use that as an excuse to get to the command station - it's not like they'll be able to work out if we've been subject to memetics down here... how are you at looking totally indoctrinated to a rogue artificial intelligence?

"On second thoughts, they might just kill us."

DreadVolt

There is nobody you have met nearby, apart from the Sceen, who has just entered a lander in the bottom of the pit. You are left in the bottom of a crowded pit full of creatures and equipment, most of which are moving into the landers (though some are coming out). In fact, you're starting to attract attention by standing around so much.

0
• 6/3/2014
"I could just pretend to be a robot anyway in this mech suit and you could be the delivery man. We should try to get into a lander fairly quickly with those crowds however as they are moving quickly. Now we just need to get down..."
0
• 6/4/2014
I'll board the lander the sceen was in.
0
• 6/6/2014

Darwol

"We could ask for help, but then they might try to identify us."

DreadVolt

As you are about to enter the lander, you are stopped by a Chronian (one of only two natural humanoid species in the CIC, albeit with four eyes, they are amphibious, with a soft beak). Obviously the situation has deteriorated and systems are down, as they have to use an arcane tablet to identify passangers and equipment.

"Identification?"

0
• 6/7/2014

"I am DreadVolt, I was instructed to follow a Sceen passanger who boarded this vessal, by said passanger.

0
• 6/14/2014

DreadVolt

"Show me your clearance. Access to the command station is disallowed to tunnel dwellers."

Write a reply...