Changes to the pitch system
In approximately two months, I will go inactive on the wiki for several months. I'll post a blog with details as the date draws near, but if you have any questions about my inactivity, please use my message wall.
Anyway, because of that, only one active admin will be left on the wiki, but the problem is that with the current system, pitches will not be able to be approved during that time. I figure that we should re-examine the pitch system and make some significant changes to better accommodate events such as these.
I'm proposing that the new pitch system will no longer require the approval of two admins. Instead, it will be a community consensus with no specific number of votes needed. Basically, it will go like this:
- New user posts their pitch
- Other users give initial feedback
- The user modifies the pitch to improve the quality
- The pitch is examined again if necessary.
- Ways to integrate the new content are thoroughly discussed by several other community members with the new user participating. Pitch is checked for lore contradictions, then it is approved.
As you can see, though it is quite similar to what we have now, with this update there would be less micromanaging, and new content can get integrated faster even if either of us admins happen to be away for extended periods.
What do you think? All feedback and comments are welcome.