A map of the galaxy.
13.2 billlion years
255.5 million Earth years
Number of stars
The Milky Way galaxy is a spiral galaxy found in the Local Group. It is diverse with a myriad of species with empires that span from only a few star systems to whole arms of the galaxy. Life is constantly evolving and the empires within continue to struggle.
The Milky Way has five arms and roughly 100 billion planets, some of which can support complex, multicellular life forms. It is approximately 100,000 light-years across and contains 200-400 billion stars. A barred spiral, it has a mass of around 700 billion solar masses, and more than double that if dark matter is included.
The Milky Way also has a Galactic Habitable Zone. Around the edge of the galaxy, the metallicity of stars drops disallowing the formation of planets. Metallicity increases the closer one is to the Galactic Core resulting in more planets, but so does radiation from the supermassive singularity at its center. In the middle, however, life can flourish.
- Perseus Arm
- Outer Arm
- Scutum-Centaurus Arm
- Norma Arm
- Sagittarius Arm
- Orion Arm
- Galactic Core Zone
- Dark Space
The Milky Way has a number of satellite galaxies:
- Large Magellanic Cloud
- Small Magellanic Cloud
- Sagittarius Dwarf Elliptical Galaxy
- Canis Major Dwarf
- Canes Venatici I
- Carina Dwarf
- Main article: Timeline of the Milky Way
Most species of the Milky Way Galaxy have some sort of affiliation with the Galactic Senate, a large scale effort to make peace treaties with all species. Most members are secondary members, having no say in galactic politics. Others have opted not to join.
- Delson Hegemony
- Karalian Empire
- Eteno Imperial Triumvirate
- Karnasaur Meritocratic Federation
- Democratic Federation of Species in the Norma Arm
- Kklxin Hegemony
- Agency Controlled Systems
- Dragandr Meritocratic Monarchy
- Methrikhian Nomocratical Alliance
- Ashadra Federation
- Nano Cybernetic Ascendants Council
- Milurian - The Miluri have recently expanded into the Milky Way Galaxy, colonising the Outer Arm and declaring it the Milurian Milky Way Outer Rim Territories. The Miluri are also members of the Galactic Senate. Their status is unknown.
These are factions that have existed before the Thirteenth Eon.
|Galactic Core Zone|